Friday, May 8, 2009

Quick Update

Long time since I posted. Some day I will get better about this.

Progress on my current WIPs:

WIP #1 - Finally finished the revisions (and finally have a first page I am happy with). Planning to start a new query round soon.

WIP #2 - Finished first draft and letting sit for now. Sequel to book above. (And started the 3rd book, but trying to ignore these characters since I have other things I should be working on instead.)

WIP #3 - My primary Sven project. Finally finished first draft (way past the 70 days) and have started the second draft. I'm really happy with the first half of this book, but the second half has a few holes and several plotty things I'm probably going to change. I know basically what I need to do though, so hopefully getting the book into shape won't take too long.


Also, I've read a lot of wonderful books lately. If you haven't read the Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld, you must. I had put off reading these despite the many recommendations because the basic premise (a world where everyone has plastic surgery to look pretty) didn't sound all that interesting to me, but these books are amazing. I devoured the entire series within days. I love it when I find books like this that I can't put down because they are just that good. So happy-making. I would say more, but I don't want to be spoilery, so you'll just have to read the books for yourself.

No comments: