Saturday, September 19, 2015

Exciting News

Hello!

Somehow it's been two years since I last posted on this blog, which is crazy. I figured it was time I posted an update for anyone who stumbles upon this blog or might be curious what I've been up to.

Since the last time I posted, I sent out a bunch of queries, got engaged, received a revise-and-resubmit from an agent, planned my wedding, quit my day job, got married and went on my honeymoon, packed up everything I own and put it in storage temporarily, started freelancing, traveled across the country and back again, helped my sister plan her wedding, repacked everything and drove it (and our cat) to our new apartment in California, unpacked everything, completed the revisions, resubmitted to the agent, and received an offer of representation!

Of course, all of these exciting changes in my life happened at once, which meant the revisions took much longer to complete than I would've liked. Luckily, the agent hadn't forgotten about my book, and I signed with her at the beginning of June, just three weeks after resubmitting.

For those who wonder what happens next after signing with an agent: more revisions! :) Which is awesome because I'm super-happy to have an editorial agent who is committed to helping me make the book as strong as possible before we go on submission.



No comments: