Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Update

Wow. Didn't realize it had been quite that long since I posted.

A quick update on my progress:

WIP total: 48,463, Sven total: 37,845

Not sure I'm going to make 60,000 by Jan. 26, but I am still hoping to finish this WIP. A week off at Christmas to visit family slowed down my momentum, but I've figured out what needs to happen in the rest of the story (more or less) so I should be able to get this done.

I also started tearing apart and re-plotting an older WIP. I'd always planned to go back and rework this project at some point in the future (not right now), but last week I had a sudden burst of inspiration and ended up writing about 3,000+ new words and slashing about half of what I had before. I'm removing a major plot thread and several characters, while keeping my main characters and the basic story the same. Getting this in decent shape will require a lot of work, but I know exactly what changes I need to make now and I'm excited to get back to this story as soon as I finish up the others that need my attention first.

No comments: